Monday, February 9

JER= Genius

He is ... he is a genius. John Elder Robinson, that is. Just read this post about the value of neurological testing; he is super wise, super smart & my dh & myself could not agree more. Thanks, JER. One of his commenters says this: "Aspergers = not a brat. People are so much more compassionate when they have a label to work with. And my daughter is MOST DEFINITLY not a brat. " CORRECT-A-MUNDO, unfortunately... thanks to her, too! That is a brilliant perspective that helps justify my behaviors that are meant to deal with the AS in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true! I remember the years of having to fend off people who thought my kid was a just spoiled little terror. They don't even begin to grasp the strength it takes to get through a day of dizzying sensory overload and confusing, overwhelming social situations.