Monday, October 20

Asperger's & Rx Meds

One adult described his reaction to medication as this: "It was like I was locked out of my own home." -Tony Attwood's Complete Guide to AS My dh, on Rx meds for a "mood disorder", says precisely the same thing. He says he still has the experience on the inside, but just does not have the energy to express the feeling.
Which is good for us, but very bad for him. We don't have to experience any "blow-ups" but he has the same feelings, jitteriness, wooziness,anger, frustration- but is too doped up to care. Now, that is not to say he cannot function. He goes to work everday & works a little after work... he says he just feels like he is in a fog all day.
I feel rueful for him... no one knows the "real" him like I do. But, he probably likes it better that way anyhow. AS men tend to be mysterious like that.

No comments: